Thursday, April 20, 2006

training: day twenty

easy biking day, 20 minutes, light on the pedals. i still got pissed off because i left my gym stuff at home, in the kitchen (of all places) this is the first time in a long while i've forgotten my gear. so i went and did errands and then went to the gym late. it has been freaking pouring out since 5am this morning. i think i will buy a wind/fluid trainer for my terry, since spring/rainy season is here for the next two months and i want to ride MY bike, not the stat bike in the gym. yeah, yeah, i should be out riding in the rain, blah, blah, blah but no. the roads get slick (yes, i know that bikes don't hydroplane and that despite their smooth appearance, my tires will grip just fine) but i am more concerned about visibility because bad fog often accompanies the spring rains here.
bad fog + blind curves = flat biker.

training: the bee's knees

my knees are getting a little sore. not bad, just a subtle stiffness. i hope this doesn't bode badly for me. maybe it is from swimming with the fins yesterday.

training: the cat's pyjamas

i am in my jammies and in bed by 8:30pm lately. although i do have to add that i get up around 4am. i am not even a month into training and i know that i'll need even more sleep as training progresses. sheesh.

training: visible results

a co-worker complimented me on my appearance today, remarking that i must be spending a lot of time in the gym, since i look really good lately. YAY! take that, stupid clingy last three pounds!

No comments: