Friday, May 26, 2006

training: day fifty-six

I was supposed to swim today but there was a hiccup in my biological schedule. Let's just leave it at that, ok?

I did the bicycle workout, riding the trainer for an hour and a half. Yes, an hour and a half. To pass the time, I play "pick up the cadence so the fluid trainer screams and drowns out the TV and annoys Chris." I also play "stare at the ceiling", "listen to the mp3 player", "get cramps in my calves" as well as playing "let your nether regions get numb" <-- not a fun one, not at all.

training: not going swimmingly

Swimming is also pretty discouraging to me, I am not doing as well as I would like to be doing. =(
However, I am marching on and placed the order for my wetsuit on Friday. Did I mention that already? The base beach opens tomorrow, so I'll be able to start my open water swims once the suit arrives. Yay. I am overcome with excitement.

No comments: